During the months leading up to Christmas there's always a lot of shopping and buying going on; and most of us spend a lot of money on presents for our loved ones. Now - I like shopping as much (or more) than most people. In fact I am a bit of an addict sometimes. But when an opportunity comes to give back to my community and find a way to reuse things that are just sitting around gathering dust in my room - well, I'm happy to help out and happy to spread the word.
Fearless City has just launched the Phones for Fearless program that is collecting old cellphones, cameras, phone chargers, etc...gathering them all up and donating them to residents of Vancouver's Downtown East Side. Pickups and drop-offs will be going on next week. Cash donations are also gladly accepted. Here are the details:
To Arrange Pick-up:
- Let us know - Fearless City Twitter, email , SMS: 604.644.4349, Voice mail: 604.682.3269 xt 8320
- We'll come by on Tues. Dec. 23rd & 30th to collect your devices
- We'll take your photo, bring treats, and thank you publicly with a link
Or, Drop-off (after Tuesday, 23rd) at:
- Roundhouse Community Centre - 181 Roundhouse Mews
- Pathways - 390 Main Street (kitty corner from the Canegie)
- Raincity Studios - 1 Alexander St. @ Water st.
Want to be a drop-off point? Let us know.
Even send by Postal Mail to:
c/o DTES CAN
PO Box 88023
418 Main St
Vancouver, BC V6A 4A4
Thanks to photographer Kris Krug for the photo.