Each and every day, I lose myself in the immediacy of the moment, find myself in the joy of the movement. Each and every day, I learn more and more...and, within that new knowledge, realize that I have so much farther to travel.

Shallom Johnson is a contemporary dance artist, visual artist and freelance writer based in Vancouver BC. She holds a Bachelors of Fine Arts degree in Contemporary Dance from Simon Fraser University, and has been active in the Vancouver dance community as a choreographer, performer, and instructor since her graduation in 2004.

Shallom is interested in art in public spaces, site-specific performance, interdisciplinary collaboration, and community involvement. Her street-based artwork, performance and photography examines and documents who gets to make art, where it gets made, and where/how the creative process and product is viewed. In the future, she hopes to explore this theme further via new media and technologies, new methods of creation, collaboration and community engagement.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Corner Improv

Another site-specific improv, on my lunch break yesterday. I am particularly fond of the ending.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha, I love the ending.
You are a gorgeous dance, I also loved when you worked in your scarf for a second. This blog is awesome!

shallomj said...

Thanks CGCL! Hey, nice to see you here :) I love it when my fashion and dance worlds feed into each other.